For many, this world-famous 15th century Inca site is the highlight of their whole South America Tour. The well-preserved architecture and the beautiful location make this an unforgettable place to visit.
CUSCO - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES. Our bus will pick you up from your hostel between 10:00 am-10:30 am. We ask you to be ready to leave between these times, we can arrive at any time. After having picked up all our travelers we will continue in our bus to the town of Ollantaytambo, where the train station is located. Upon arrival we will directly board the train that will take us to the town of Aguas Calientes (1hr 45mins approx by train). Upon arrival at the Aguas Calientes station part of our staff will be waiting for us to take us to the lodge where we will spend the night. In the afternoon you will have the option to visit the hot springs and relax a bit. Around 6 pm we will have a briefing about the next day, visit the famous citadel of Machu Picchu, after the briefing we will head to dinner, which is included.
AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - AGUAS CALIENTES - OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO. Finally comes the big day, the ascent to the famous citadel. Early in the morning we will wake up to have a good breakfast and recharge energies to then start our hike at 4.30am to the citadel, once in Machu Picchu our guide will give you a guided tour inside the majestic citadel for 2 hours. After the tour, you will have free time to explore, take pictures or just walk around the Sanctuary. After having enjoyed the magic of the archaeological complex, we will return to Aguas Calientes around 12.30am, to enjoy a delicious lunch. Once we have finished our meals, we will get ready to go to the train station and take our train to Ollantaytambo (1hr 45min approx). Upon arrival the bus that will take us back to Cusco will be waiting for us. Travel time 2hrs approx.
NOTE: We also have a package including transports from and back to La Paz, Bolivia, 4 days in total, which costs between 520-600 USD/Person. Contact us for more information.
What to bring?
- Original passport and Insurance card / certificate
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm jacket
- Sunscreen & Insect repellent
- Extra money for your own expenses
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho (rainy season: November-April)
- Hotel / hostel pick up and drop off
- 1 Night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 Breakfast, and 1 dinner.
- Free Pisco sour cocktail in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu. 2hrs with Professional guide (English/Spanish).
- Train: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Round trip bus transportation Cusco - Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Snacks or additional drinks.
- Round Tourist bus ticket to Machu Picchu 24 USD.
- Optional activity: Huayna Picchu Mountain 60 USD.
- Optional activity: Machu Picchu Mountain 60 USD.
- Hot springs in Aguas Calientes 15 SOLES.
- Optional Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
Cancelation policy: Coca Travels reserves the right to cancel the tour if we believe circumstances could put passenger(s) in danger, i.e., civil unrest, road blockades or weather conditions. If Coca Travels cancel the tour, there will be a 100%. refund. If customer(s) cancel the tour due to whatever reason refunds are as follows: 24 hours or less before the tour: 0% refund. 48-24 hours before the tour: refund 50%. 48 or more hours before the tour: refund 100%. Credit card charges of 5% are excluded from refunds if cancelation is made on behalf of customer(s). In case of illness or family conditions, Coca Travels can provide a letter if needed for insurance claims.