Rurrenabaque jungla tour in el parque nacional Madidi.
Rurrenabaque is a gate to the Bolivian Amazon, and a starting point of 2 tours: The Pampas and Jungle. Pampas means grassland while jungle is thick vegetation and giant trees. It starts every day at 09:00 am. This tour gives you the opportunity to get deep into the jungle. It is possible to organize tours from 2 days to a month, the activities are mainly trekking and camping in the jungle. To see animals have to be patient because most of the animals prefer to be hidden. Most common is to do a 3 days and 2 nights.
• Learn how to survive in the jungle.
• Learn where you can find drinking water.
• Learn properties of different plants, Learn to fish with a bow.
• Watch a lot of insects (try an eatable insect)?.
• Watch the animal and insect life in its natural habitat .
We leave Rurrenabaque between 9:00 and 9:30 Morning jeep and headed towards the city of Santa Rosa. From here we will go by motorized canoe to the base camp. Here we have lunch before going by boat down the river to look for crocodiles, many birds, capybaras and a variety of different native birds. We return to camp around 6:00 p.m. for dinner. Then we drive to the river again to observe the nocturnal life in the jungle. Once we get back will spend the night in dormitory style accommodation where each person is provided with its own mosquito net.
We started the day with breakfast, then we will go by boat to a lagoon where you have the opportunity to swim with pink dolphins. Then we return to camp for lunch and rest. Then we have the piranha fishing activity and have the chance to cook them yourself, back to camp. At night our local guide will explain how to make handicrafts with seeds.
We begin the day with breakfast and then start looking for anacondas in the jungle. Then, visit the monkeys and feed them with bananas (Note that you will have to remove earrings and necklaces monkeys sometimes take them!). Finally back to base camp for a buffet lunch before returning to Rurrenabaque. Return to Rurrenabaque to the 17:00.
• Native Guide (speak basic English).
• Transportation jeep and boat.
• Drinking water.
• Meals during the tour: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinner.
2 nights accommodation
• Entrance to the National Park: 200Bs.
• Spanish Guide (Ask for a translator in English).
WHAT TO BRING?
• Mosquito repellent.
• Swimsuit and towel.
• Sandals and shoes.
• Flashlight and batteries.
• Sleeping bag (optional).
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants (light colors for protection against mosquitoes).
• Cap or hat.
• Toilet paper.
• Water required for the tour.